1. Recruit and bring together residents and others interested in Brunswick area history.
2. Focus on history that influenced the original and continued developers of the Brunswick area.
3. Perpetuate the memory of Brunswick pioneers and others who continued to develop the area via educational programs, displays and digital presentations.
4. Collect, document, adequately preserve, safeguard, and make accessible the historical, genealogical relics and documents commemorative of the area.
5. Adequately and appropriately maintain and safeguard the buildings at Heritage Farm.
6. Adequately and appropriately create, maintain, and safeguard records of BAHS meetings, events, business, plans, actions, and achievements through written and digitized formats. Records should be accessible to appropriate parties in the current technological format.
7. Maintain and foster a collaborative relationship with the City of Brunswick who owns Heritage Farm. This purpose is accomplished via a lease reflecting current circumstances and legal review by both parties. Also establish regular meetings to discuss mutual concerns and joint ventures to enhance the objectives of both parties.
8. Maintain relevance by regularly seeking opinions and ideas from and pursuing ventures with those outside of BAHS including local organizations, museums, scholars, and The Ohio History Connection.
9. Maintain fiscal accountability through timely budgeting of money, time, and talent; regular fiscal reports; rational decisions; professional audits; fundraising and grant writing initiatives and critical evaluation of actions.
10. Provide a readily accessible structure for BAHS growth and stability through a clear mission, vision, values, and purposes document. Also provide current bylaws reflecting the governing structure and Standard Operating Procedures to chronicle specific duties and methods of day-to-day function. Regular strategic planning and evaluation of organizational activity flows from these foundational documents.
11. Publicize and market BAHS events, activities, needs and goals through organized, professional platforms.